Camera Sensor Setup Verification
In order for the Fall Detect service to work correctly, the installation will need to be verified by our Kami Vision experts for proper fall detection accuracy. After initiating the verification during your setup, the app may respond with some setup errors as indicated below. You will not be able to proceed with the initial setup, without successfully passing this validation step. Please see below for examples of setup failure reasons and how to adjust for them.
1. Camera Sensor Height and Placement
- If you’re mounting your camera sensor on a wall, make sure the height of your camera sensor is above 7.5ft and below 9ft.
- If you’re mounting your camera sensor on a ceiling, make sure the ceiling is less than 9ft high.
- Your camera sensor should not be placed on top of furniture like shelves, armoires, or tables.
2. Vertical and Horizontal Tilt
Follow these steps to correctly tilt your camera sensor head.
- Tilt the camera sensor head to the furthest back position.
- Vertical tilt
- Horizontal tilt
- In the app., look at your camera sensor view to assess if too much floor or ceiling is in your camera sensor’s Filed of View (FoV).
- Adjust the camera sensor head tilt until you're satisfied with the view.
3. Horizontal Rotation
The camera sensor lens should not be rotated left or right.
When looking at the camera sensor head, the LED should line up with the notch of the camera sensor.
Check the image, to make sure the room of the room is not slanted.
Slanted view example:
If the view is slanted, re-align the camera sensor head with the body of the camera sensor.
If you're not sure how to align your camera sensor head, check how to properly Set A Camera Sensor Mount Angle, and re-align your camera sensor head.
Once your camera sensor head is aligned, the camera sensor view of your room should be straight.
Straight view example:
4. Exclusion Zones
All applicable exclusion zones should be highlighted on the image overlay.
Common items that need to be excluded are the following. You will be notified of the error and which item may be missing.
- Chairs, Sofas, Couches
Ensure that you have selected all applicable exclusion zones that are not highlighted. Some samples are listed below:
Camera 1 Exclusion Zone
Camera Sensor 2 Exclusion Zone
Camera Sensor 3 Exclusion Zone
Camera Sensor 4 Exclusion Zone
For more info or updates, kindly subscribe to:
Kami YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2j0wUuFp9ixlul1qocphQ
YI YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIrTFKMVjT82cz85Nekg-OQ