Setting Up Your Camera With the Cove app
Before You Start
1. Check your phone to make sure that it's connected to a 2.4GHz band Wi-Fi network before pairing the camera.
2. Make sure the location for the phone and the app are turned on.
In iOS, select the Settings app. Then click on Privacy. Select Location Services. Turn Location Services on. Select the Alder or Cove app. Select While Using the App or Always.
In Android, select the Settings app. Click on search and type location. Select App permission. Enable location. If you don't see the location, tap Security & location. Enable location. For some Android phones, if you don't enable the location for the phone and app, the error "Unknown SSID" will appear instead of your WiFi network when pairing the camera.
Pairing the camera with the app
1. Make sure the camera is powered on.
2. Open the app and log in to your account.
3. To add your camera, select the '+' icon.
4. Under Add Camera(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app.
5. Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
6. Under Set up the camera, Please wait 20 seconds until you hear, “Waiting to connect”. If you hear the voice prompt, click on I heard "Waiting to connect" at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, "If you did not hear anything, tap here". Use a paper clip to push the reset button in for a few seconds. Then select Reset successful.
6. Under Please choose Wi-Fi, make sure the Wi-Fi name is correct. All Alder/Cove cameras use the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band. Then enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Select "Please choose Wi-Fi."
7. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes until the camera is successfully paired with the app.
9. Create a name for the camera. This can be a custom name or the location of the camera. Click Save.
10. If you don't need to add another camera click the "X" in the top left corner. The camera is now paired and can be accessed from the "Video" home screen.