Setup/Pairing of your YI Dome X camera
Check a few things to avoid issues with pairing:
1. Please check your Wi-Fi settings before pairing up and make sure that you are connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure that you've entered your correct Wi-Fi password.
3. While connecting/adding your camera, it's suggested to place the camera near your Wi-Fi router.
Once you move your camera near the Wi-Fi router, there should be no obstructions or any objects that may block the signal from the router to your camera.
4. Ensure the Location or GPS on your phone is enabled, and Allow the permissions for your App.
Here are the steps to pair your camera to the app:
1. Connect the camera with the USB cable and adapter, and plug the adapter into a power outlet. The camera can also be powered by only the USB cable if it's plugged into a device that provides power through USB.
2. Open the App and log in to your account.
3. To add your camera, select the '+' icon.
4. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you can't find the camera, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code at the bottom of the camera.
5. Then select, [I heard “Waiting to connect”] at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, "if you did not hear anything, tap here".
6. Under Connect to Wi-Fi enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Tap Connect to Wi-Fi.
7. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes. You'll hear "You can start using your camera now"