How to stream YI/Kami cameras with Google Nest Hub
In order to set up your YI/Kami Home cameras, please follow the directions below:
How to view YI/Kami Home cameras on Google Nest Hub or Chromecast with Google Nest speaker.
Step 1: Create a YI user account and set up a camera
1. If you haven’t already, please download the YI Home app or Kami Home app from the App Store or Play Store and create an account
2. Follow the instruction to set up a camera(s)
Step 2: Connect YI Home devices to Google Assistant
1. Download and open the Google Home app
2. Tap the + symbol at the top left.
3. Click "Set up device".
4. In the Set-Up page, select "Works with Google" at the bottom.
5. Under "Add devices", search “Yi Home Camera (if using a YI camera) or Kami Home Camera (if using a Kami camera)”.
6. In the next step, select the region of the YI Home or Kami Home account. Enter your YI Home or Kami Home account email and password. Click "Login" to authorize Google to access your devices.
7. Once linked, select cameras from the list and add them to a home.
Step 3: If you are streaming to a Nest Hub, make sure the device is set up. If you are streaming your camera to a tv with a Chromecast and Google speaker, make sure the device is set up.
Step 4: Control the YI Home or Kami Home cameras with Google Nest Hub or Chromecast with Google Nest speaker.
1. To show the camera, you can say “Okay Google",
- “Stream [camera name]” (Nest Hub)
- “Stream [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]” (Chromecast w/ Google speaker)
2. To stop viewing the camera, you can say "Okay Google, stop" or "Okay Google stop [TV/Chromecast device name]"
Note: Cross compatibility is supported with the use of either the YI Home or Kami Home app.