Setup/Pairing of Your Yi Pro 2K Camera
1. Please check your Wi-Fi settings before pairing up and make sure that you are connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure that you've entered your correct Wi-Fi password.
3. While connecting/adding your camera, it's suggested to place the camera near your Wi-Fi router.
Once you move your camera near the Wi-Fi router, there should be no obstructions or any objects that may block the signal from the router to your camera.
4. Ensure the Location or GPS on your phone is enabled, and Allow the permissions for your App.
a. IOS: Settings > Privacy > Location Service > Make sure that YI Home App is set to WHILE USING
b. Android: Settings > Security & Location > Privacy > Location should be ON
5. Reset the camera until you hear the "reset is successful" voice prompt.
Here are the steps to pair your camera to the app:
1. Connect the camera with the USB cable and adapter, and plug the adapter into a power outlet. The camera can also be powered by a USB cable if it's plugged into a device that provides power through USB.
2. Open the App and log in to your account.
3. To add your camera, select the '+' icon.
4. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you aren’t sure, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
5. Then select the button [I heard "waiting to connect"] at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear "waiting to connect", click on the link called "if you did not hear anything, tap here".
6. Under Connect to Wi-Fi, enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Tap Connect to Wi-Fi.
7. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful”, press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status which can take up to 1-2 minutes. You'll hear "You can start using your camera now"
9. After successfully completing the pairing process, an authentication request will appear on the screen. You can either tap on "Open Email App" or directly access your email account to proceed.
10. In the email you receive, locate the option "Finish Camera Setup" and click on it. You will then be asked to provide a name for your camera. Once you've entered the camera name, click on "Next" to finalize the setup
11. Upon completion, a dialog box will appear, stating "Setup Completed." To continue, tap on "Launch App" located at the bottom of the screen.
12. To view the newly added camera, open the app and navigate to the camera thumbnail view. From there, click on "Finish Pairing." If you haven't subscribed to the cloud service yet, you might be prompted to purchase it. However, you can choose to skip this step, and it will still enable you to access and view your camera.