No. The Wi-Fi hotspot created by the camera is a local area network connection. The data is transferred between the camera and the smart phone via the secured peer-to-peer network and will not use any 2G/3G/4G mobile data.
Articles in this section
- Having trouble when connecting YI Smart Dashcam to the app?
- The Wi-Fi logo is not displayed on the upper-left corner of my phone after the connection?
- Is 3G/4G mobile data required to watch the videos in the APP?
- When the camera is connected to the smart phone, what will happen if I delete videos in folders “Emergency” and “Trip”?
- After the camera is connected to my smart phone, all the buttons on the camera are no longer functioning?
- How is the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smart phone established? Can two smart phones connect to the same camera at the same time?
- Will mobile data be used when I watch the real-time display/video replay or download video from camera?
- Does my smart phone need to be turned on while using YI Smart Dashcam?
- Will mobile data be used when I use the Discover or Store section in the app?
- The network is slow when I view/download/replay video clips?