The problem is caused by manual settings on YI Smart Dashcam when the camera is in use. For example, pausing the video, watching the video replay or changing settings on the camera without the app connection would pause the recording process, producing clips less than 3 minutes. Additionally, when the camera is connected to the app, viewing the album or setting the camera in the APP would also cause the problem. Also, the reading/writing speed of your MicroSD card influence the quality of the recording. It is advised that you format the MicroSD card or replace it with a new Class 10 80MB/s read speed MicroSD card to see if this problem is solved.
Articles in this section
- Is the video recording divided into 3-minute clips? Why are there are video clips less than 3 minutes (images missing between different clips)?
- Is it possible to record emergency video clips one immediately after another?
- Why are the videos shot at night blurred?
- Why are the video files in MPEG-4 format? Can I choose from other video formats?
- Does YI Smart Dashcam support loop-recording?
- Why are the videos blurred?
- The camera lens flares severely.
- What can I do if some of the video files are missing?
- Why are there Horizontal bars of light across the recorded video?
- Why do my video clips look not so satisfactory?