What You’ll Need:
- Download and Install YI Home App (Android, iOS)
- YI Home Account or Facebook account.
- 2.4GHz Band Wifi Network (5GHz NOT supported)
Scan the QR code below to install YI Home App:
You can also download YI Home on the App Store or Google Play (search for "YI Home").
Open YI Home and tap Sign up to create your profile, or login with your existing account.
Create an Account
- Open YI Home App. Select your region on the top right area of your screen. The available options are: North America, Europe, Israel, Asia, Korea, Taiwan, Japan.
- If you do not wish to create an account, you can log in with your Facebook account to connect your YI Home Camera (available to all regions). Alternatively, Taiwan users can login with a MI account, and Korea users can sign in with KakaoTalk.
- Tap the ‘Sign up’ link, located under the Login button.
- Enter a valid email, and create your username and password.
- Once your account has been registered, you will receive an email notification with your Activation Link (please be sure to check your spam inbox, or tap “Resend email” if you’ve verified that the email was not received) You must confirm your registration within 30 minutes by opening the activation link sent to your email. If you do not open the activation link during this time, you will need to re-register.
Note: If you do not see an activation link, and have verified that it was not receive in you spam inbox, please try using a different email address.
Setting Up Your Camera
- Turn on WiFi on your device (Android, iOS) and make sure it's connected to the same Wi-Fi network that you will connect your camera to. Please note that our cameras only support 2.4GHz band networks and are not compatible with 5GHz band networks.
- Power On - Place the camera close to the router, and ensure Wi-Fi access is available, then connect the cable to the micro USB port on the back of the camera to the power outlet.
- Wait for approximately 10 seconds until the yellow light starts to blink on the front of the camera. You will hear the voice prompt when ready to connect to your WiFi network. If you see a solid blue/blinking blue light, use a clip to press the reset button on the back of the camera, and wait until the yellow light comes on again.
If your camera does not power on, check your WiFi connection. Try using a different micro USB cable and charging adapter to pinpoint the issue. You can contact our customer support team at email@example.com for further assistance.
Follow the pairing process near your router inside your home to ensure a strong WiFi connection.
- Open YI Home and log into your account
- Tap the "+" button on the top right of the screen and select your Camera
- Select the same WiFi network that your iOS or Android device is connected to (remember to choose a 2.4GHz network), and enter the password.
- Scan your QR Code. Make sure that your phone brightness is turned up and camera lens is clear on your device. Start by having the QR code directly in front of the camera lens, and slowly move back approximately 6 inches.
- Once the QR Scan is successful, you will hear a voice prompt on both the camera and your device: “Pairing is successful, you can start using your camera now”
- Once successfully paired, you will see the welcome page on your device. You can rename your camera and share your device, or use the default settings (you can always go back to make changes). Tap Save to begin using your camera.
- Ensure that your WiFi password was entered correctly (tap the "eye" icon to display characters)
- Reset your Camera and re-pair your connection.
- Ensure that you are attempting to connect to a 2.4GHz network. 5GHz is not supported.
If adding multiple cameras, repeat this process for each camera. Please note that you will need a strong WiFi connection to minimize any performance issues when using multiple cameras.