- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot created by the camera (the SSID of this hotspot is named as YiCarCam_XXXXXX), the six Xs are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address. The default password is 1234567890.
- Smart phone’s Bluetooth or other Bluetooth devices in the vehicle will interfere with the Wi-Fi hotspot. It is advised to shut down Bluetooth devices when the smartphone is connected to the camera hotspot.
- Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi of the smartphone, or restart the phone and the camera to try again.
- For some phone models (like SAMSUNG and Huawei), if the mobile data and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically when the Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone.
- For SAMSUNG users: go to Settings — WLAN — Advanced, switch off the “Automatic Data Switch” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
- For Huawei users: go to Settings — WLAN — Advanced, switch off the “Avoid Poor Connections” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
- If a proxy setting is applied to the Wi-Fi setting, the connection may also fail. Tap the SSID of the camera and go to Advanced — Proxy Settings, select “none” and save the Wi-Fi connection. Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi option to try again.
- Quit the app (also kill the background process of the app) and reopen the app.
If the instructions above cannot solve your problem, please contact our after-sale service to receive technical support.