Taking a photo of a bright scene that also includes dark shadows? Use HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode. The camera captures multiple exposure levels and combines them into a single photo for vibrant colors and more detail in both light and dark areas. You can use HDR in Mode P/A/S/M.
Articles in this section
- What does each mode on the mode dial mean?
- What is the 'Master guide'? How do I use it?
- How do I get more 'Master Guide' templates?
- Why can't I set aperture under 'Master Guide' mode?
- Why is burst shooting not working after I set it?
- What are the scene modes for?
- Can I only take panoramic photos from left to right?
- What subjects are the HDR feature suited for? Under which modes can HDR be used?
- When do I use HDR?
- Will the video file be saved if the camera runs out of power during a time-lapse shooting?