The horizontal axis represents 'brightness' ranging from dark (towards the left) to bright (towards the right). The vertical axis represents 'resolution'. By checking the histogram, you would be able to see detailed exposure information easily when the image on LED screen becomes impossible to see under strong light.
Articles in this section
- What does each mode on the mode dial mean?
- What is the 'Master guide'? How do I use it?
- How do I get more 'Master Guide' templates?
- Why can't I set aperture under 'Master Guide' mode?
- Why is burst shooting not working after I set it?
- What are the scene modes for?
- Can I only take panoramic photos from left to right?
- What subjects are the HDR feature suited for? Under which modes can HDR be used?
- When do I use HDR?
- Will the video file be saved if the camera runs out of power during a time-lapse shooting?