Security and privacy of my camera footage and videos in my YI/Kami Home app?
- HTTPs requests between the camera, mobile phones, and server use a two-way mutual authentication process to ensure that the user's personal information is not compromised. Each device has its own key and certificate to authenticate with the server.
- We use exclusive and high-end encryption for your user information and video streams to ensure utmost security.
- We use a P2P encrypted channel for video transmission to ensure that only the end-user can view the video content. Any possible interception happening during the transmission of information will only see scrambled and encrypted data.
- Camera video data is stored in the cloud with a high-strength encryption algorithm with periodically replaced encryption keys so you can rest assured while using it. At the same time, through independent research and development, we provide mass data guarantee with high reliability, multiple backup, second-level recovery, on-demand automatic expansion, flexibility, convenience, and stability.
- You can also set a 4 digit pin for your camera to prevent it from being accessed by others.
Our server collects only 3 kinds of data:
- Operation information (non-video): Such information is used solely to improve the quality of our services. We have strict rules and procedures to take care of this type of information and take security measures to protect them.
- Relay: The primary mode of transmission of video from our camera to our mobile device is through a peer-to-peer connection. When encountering unreliable network conditions, the Yi Home Camera may opt to relay videos through our servers to the mobile device to achieve an optimal viewing experience. On such occasions, both videos and the transmission channel are securely encrypted. The role of the servers only acts as a relay agent, and do not store video content transmitted to or through them.
- Activity Alert videos: First of all, this function is OFF BY DEFAULT. The Alert videos would NOT transmit to us unless the user MANUALLY ACTIVATES the “activity alerts” functionality in the mobile app. The control is in the hand of the users, if they don't feel secure transmitting the videos, DO NOT activate this feature. The camera is fully functional without having this feature ON. Secondly, the transmission channel, and the activity alert videos, no more than six seconds, are INDIVIDUALLY ENCRYPTED. Thirdly, the individually encrypted activity alert videos will be automatically deleted on a regular basis (typically 7 days).