Where can I find and download the latest firmware?
We always recommend installing the camera firmware directly from the app. To verify, from the app home screen, click on the hexagon symbol inside your camera thumbnail > Camera Settings > Firmware Version > Upgrade. If you are having an issue with your camera and are unable to install the current firmware from the app, we recommend downloading the firmware from our website and manually installing it into the camera.
Please refer to this link to download the firmware for your camera. https://www.yitechnology.com/firmware/.
To install the firmware into your camera, please refer to the steps below.
- Download the correct firmware version on your computer (this laptop/computer must have an SD card reader).
- Insert a microSD card into your computer's SD card reader.
- Place the firmware file onto your microSD card.
- Insert the microSD card into your camera and power on.
- Once you have confirmed the firmware has been updated in the app, delete the firmware file from the SD card.
If you do not remove this file, it may interfere with your ability to do future Over The Air updates in the app.
Your camera should start updating automatically. Do not unplug or power off the camera for any reason, until the update is complete.
If you are still having trouble with your camera, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.