Here are some steps to follow if you're experiencing problems pairing your camera, such as the QR code not scanning, or any error messages you receive after scanning the QR code.
1. Check your phone to make sure that it's connected to a 2.4GHz band network before pairing (5GHz not supported).
- While all routers do have the 2.4GHz band available, you may need to adjust your router settings in order to pair your camera.
2. If your camera is not scanning the QR Code shown on your phone during the pairing process, turn up your phone's brightness to the highest setting.
- Place the QR Code directly in front the the camera lens. Slowly move your device back approximately 6'' away from the lens.
3. If you're not hearing a voice prompt or seeing the LED light on the front of the camera, check your wire connection.
- Pinpoint the issue by using a different micro USB cable and power adapter.
- Contact our customer support team for further assistance.
4. Ensure that you're selecting the correct camera model when adding the camera.
- The camera model is listed on the product box and underneath the camera.
5. Go to the YI Home app login page and ensure that you're connecting from the correct region.
- If your camera was purchased from a US retailer and taken to another region, you will still need to select the North America region regardless of your location.
- Cameras purchased from Mainland China cannot be used internationally. International cameras cannot be used inside Mainland China.
6. Ensure that the WiFi network name is in English letters. SECURITY/PASSCODE should be WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode) or WPA2.
7. Ensure that your WiFi password is 8-20 characters in length.
8. Reset your router then follow the pairing process again.
9. Reinstall YI Home app then follow the pairing process again.
- Please visit the following link for detailed instructions on pairing your camera: https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271133-Setting-Up-Your-Camera-Using-YI-Home-App
10. Disable MAC address filtering in your wireless router settings during the pairing process.
- MAC filtering is disabled by default, and would only be enabled if you've configured the router that way.
- If you are using MAC address filtering, you would need to first pair the camera before turning this back on.
- The MAC address can be found under YI Home App > Settings > Network Info.