Sharing Your Camera With Friends and Family
You can share your camera with up to five other people. They will need to download the YI Home or Kami Home app and create an account. Once they’ve accepted your invitation, they can view your live feed, access video recordings, and receive alert notifications if permitted by the user sharing the account. At this time, camera sharing is not available for Kami Wire-Free Outdoor camera through the Share Setting.
- To share your camera, go to the Home screen in the app. Click on Discover in the bottom right. Click on "Share Setting". In Share Setting, under My devices, click on the camera you want to share. Click on the (+) symbol to share a camera with another account. In "Selected method of sharing", you can "Share camera access with QR Code" or "Share with YI Account".
- If you click on "share camera access with QR Code", ask the invitee to log into the app. The invitee will need to click on Discover on the Home screen. Then they will click on the "Scan QR Code" symbol in the top right corner. They will scan the QR code on the "Share camera with QR Code" screen from the person who is sharing the camera. An invitation will be shared and the invitee will need to click "Accept Invitation" on their app screen. Once they do the camera will show, "Shared from Kami_(user)".
- If you click on "Share with YI Account", enter the invitee username (account email) and click Ok. The invitee username will appear. Click Ok. The camera is now shared with the other user.
- The shared user will click Discover > Notifications > Share device > select the user sharing the camera > Accept Invitation.
Once a user has accepted your invitation, they can view your live stream anytime. You can allow them to view video history and receive alert notifications. Click on Discover > Share Setting > Select the camera > Select the user the camera is being shared with.
- Permission to view history- Allowed to watch video from the YI Cloud and Alerts.
- Receive messages- Enable user to receive the emergency alert
- To remove a shared user, select the user then select Cancel invitation. Users can no longer access your camera once they’ve been removed.
Note: While you can share your camera by inviting other users, never give out your password or share your account with others you do not trust completely. They would have COMPLETE control of your account.