Sharing Your Camera With Friends and Family
You can share your camera with up to five other people. They will need to download the YI Home or Kami Home app and create an account. Once they’ve accepted your invitation, they can view your live feed, access video recordings, and receive alert notifications if permitted by the user sharing the account. At this time, camera sharing is not available for Kami Wire-Free Outdoor camera through the Share Setting.
Note: The main user and invitee must be in the same region (e.g. US).
Here are the steps:
1. Select the camera that you would like to share.
2. Go to Settings
3. Tap on Share
3. Tap on the "(+) Share cameras with your family".
4. Choose Share with YI Account > enter the email address (YI Home Account) > tap OK.
The person that you want to share your camera with, will receive an invitation to his/her YI Home App. They should then do the following:
1. Log in to YI Home App (if they're not logged in yet).
2. Tap Account > Notification > Share device > Select the message: "You've been invited to share a device" > Tap on the Accept Invitation.
Once a user has accepted your invitation, they can view your live stream anytime. You can allow them to view video history and receive alert notifications. Click on Account> Share Setting > Select the camera > Select the user the camera is being shared with.
- Permission to view history- Allowed to watch video from the YI Cloud and Alerts.
- Receive messages- Enable user to receive the emergency alert
- To remove a shared user, select the user then select Cancel invitation. Users can no longer access your camera once they’ve been removed.
Note: Once you shared your camera, the shared user will have limited access to your camera's settings.