When trying to pair the Orbi router first make sure the router is online and connected to a modem with an (ISP) Internet Service Provider.
1. To connect to Wi-Fi on iOS/Android click on the phone Settings > Wi-Fi and select the Orbi SSID (network name).
2. Once connected, open the YI/Kami Home App. Click on the (+) symbol at the top right of the screen. Then select the camera you are trying to pair with. If you aren’t sure, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
3. Then select, I hear “Waiting to connect” at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, I did not hear it.
4. Enter the Wi-Fi password for the Orbi Router in the box that says, Please enter password and click on connect to Wi-Fi.
5. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
6. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes until the camera is successfully paired with the app.
7. If you are unable to connect with the Orbi SSID, there is a setting on the Orbi app to pause devices that may be interfering with the camera pairing. Open the Orbi app and select Device Manager. Any devices that are using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz can be paused and unpaused once the camera is paired.