When using a YI/Kami home camera you may encounter an issue when setting up the camera.
During the camera pairing process, if you hear an error message that says, “Pairing has timed out”, the camera didn't complete the process of pairing with the app. This error occurs when there is a weak Wi-Fi or wired signal connection to the camera. Here are the steps to troubleshoot the issue.
1. When using a camera with a wireless connection move the camera closer to the Wi-Fi router.
2. If unsuccessful reboot the Wi-Fi router.
During the camera pairing process, you may hear an error message that says, “Wi-Fi password error”. This error occurs when entering an incorrect Wi-Fi password under Connect to Wi-Fi and the QR code generated gives this error when scanned.
1. When entering the Wi-Fi password make sure the password is correct. To verify, click on the eye symbol next to Please enter password. Now the password will be visible when entering. If you don't want to enter the password every time, click the checkbox next to, save password.
2. All YI/Kami cameras support only 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks except for Kami Indoor Camera that supports 2.4GHz/5GHz. Make sure to enter the correct password if networks are separated.
During the camera pairing process, you may hear an error message that says, "Invalid QR code". This occurs when the QR code that is generated does not get accepted when facing the camera.
1. Use a paper clip to push the reset button in for a few seconds until the yellow light is lit.
2. The camera is now factory reset. Go through the same pairing process with the camera. A new QR code will be generated.