Camera Pairing Issue
You may encounter an issue setting up the YI/Kami camera during the camera pairing process. If you hear an error message that says, “Pairing has timed out”, the camera didn't complete the pairing process with the app. This error occurs when there is a weak Wi-Fi connection to the camera.
Here are the steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Move the camera next to your router during the pairing process.
- Restart your router by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in.
- Ensure there are no obstructions that may block the signal between the router and the camera.
- The installation distance should not exceed 33 feet.
- Try to use a different cable, adapter, or outlet. (except for Wire-free Outdoor and camera with non-detachable cable)
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Yi/Kami Home app.
Pairing steps with the camera:
- Delete the camera from the App. (Open the App > select the specific camera > Settings > Tap on Delete Camera) Note: If the camera was added before.
- Reset the camera.
- To add your camera, select the '+' icon.
4. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you can't find the camera, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code at the bottom of the camera.
5. Then select [I heard “Waiting to connect”] at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect, click on the link "if you did not hear anything, tap here".
6. Under Wi-Fi Setup, enter the password for the Wi-Fi router, then tap Next.
7. Face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status, which can take 1-2 minutes. You'll hear, "You can start using your camera now".
For more info or updates, kindly subscribe to:
Kami YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2j0wUuFp9ixlul1qocphQ
YI YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIrTFKMVjT82cz85Nekg-OQ