Issues with setup/pairing camera
When using a YI/Kami home camera you may encounter an issue when setting up the camera.
During the camera pairing process, if you hear an error message that says, “Pairing has timed out”, the camera didn't complete the process of pairing with the app. This error occurs when there is a weak Wi-Fi connection to the camera.
Here are the steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Move the camera next to your router during the pairing process.
- Restart your router by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in.
- Ensure there are no obstructions that may block the signal between the router and the camera. Once the camera is back online see if the connection is stable. If the camera is staying online next to your router, the issue is the Wi-Fi connection between the router and the installed location.
- The installation distance should not exceed 33 feet.
- Try to use a different cable, adapter, or outlet. (except for Wire-free Outdoor and Non-detachable cable model of camera
Pairing steps with the camera:
1. Delete the camera to the App. (Open the App > select the specific camera > Settings > Tap on Delete Camera) Note: If the camera was added before.
2. Reset the camera.
3. To add your camera, select the '+' icon.
4. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you can't find the camera, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code at the bottom of the camera.
5. Then select, [I heard “Waiting to connect”] at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, "if you did not hear anything, tap here".
6. Under Connect to Wi-Fi enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Tap Connect to Wi-Fi.
7. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status which can take 1-2 minutes. You'll hear "You can start using your camera now"