If you are having an issue trying to connect your YI or Kami camera to your home Wi-Fi, please follow these steps below.
- First, make sure your modem (Wired) and router (Wi-Fi) devices are working properly. Check your Wi-Fi by opening a browser on your mobile device (iOS / Android) and see if you can load a webpage properly. If so, your router is broadcasting and you have an internet connection.
- Then check to make sure your phone is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network name. All of the cameras connect on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band (Kami Indoor is the only camera that can connect on 2.4GHz and 5GHz). The Wi-Fi name can't be a hidden network. If you don't know, please check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to make sure your phone is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
- Check to see if the location services are enabled for your YI Home / Kami Home app. In iOS, select the Settings app. Then click on Privacy. Select Location Services. Turn Location Services on. Select YI Home or Kami Home. Select "While Using the App" or "Always". In Android, select the Settings app. Click on search and type location. Select App permission. Enable location for YI Home or Kami Home. If you don't see location, tap Security & location. Enable location.
- Make sure you are using the correct Wi-Fi password when pairing the camera. The password for your Home Wifi network has to be entered correctly. All letters, numbers and special characters have to be entered the same as your router password. If you have an open network (no Wi-Fi password) you will have to change the setting on the router to have a secured network with a Wi-Fi password.
- After you have verified all of the previous steps, go back into the YI Home / Kami Home app and repair the camera. Click on the (+) symbol and follow the steps to complete the pairing process.