How to maximize battery life for Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera?
To maximize battery life for Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera, please ensure that you have the latest version of the YI/Kami Home App. Check in the camera settings to see if there is an available firmware update that can be applied to help improve the camera's battery life. We have made improvements to the firmware to significantly improve the camera's performance.
The most important step in maximizing the battery life of the Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera is to make sure the included batteries are fully charged before use in the camera. Fully charge the batteries with the included battery charger, included cable, and adapter. When inserting the batteries, make sure the batteries are fully seated in the charger and all the lights turn from green to red (indicating charging). Once fully charged, the light turns from red to green (indicating fully charged).
Below are some additional settings to optimize your battery life:
1. In Settings, Change the Alert Frequency from "High" to "Low".
2. Change the "Recording Duration" under Storage in Settings from the 60s (seconds) to 6s (seconds). The lower the duration, the better your battery life.
3. If the location for the camera is well lit and light enough, you can disable "Night Vision IR Light" in Camera Settings.
4. Using the camera for live streaming all day is not recommended and will drain the batteries.
5. If the camera faces a high traffic area, it may also affect battery life when uploading to the cloud or microSD card as well as the numbers of trigger alerts per day.