Camera not receiving alerts after firmware update
Some customers with our Yi Home 1080 cameras are seeing their motion detection settings being turned OFF even though you’ve set them to ON. This is the result of a new firmware release. If you go back into your Camera Settings, you can then toggle your Motion Detection to ON and they will STAY ON.
To re-enable Motion Detection, follow these steps:
We’ve seen some success troubleshooting this by the following:
- Tap on the camera thumbnail you wish to re-enable
- Select “Settings” from the bottom menu selection
- Scroll down to the “Smart Detection” section, tap settings
- Toggle your Motion Detection ON
- Test your Motion Detection Alerts
If this does not work, please let us know. Your assistance to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.
We’re really sorry to be holding you up today! Thank you so much for your patience. We will be in touch.