How To Configure Your Exclusion Zone
1. Setting Exclusion Zones Video Tutorial
Watch this video to learn how to set up your exclusion zones.
Please note that although the video refers to the KamiCare product, the concepts are very similar. Fall Detect by KamiCare tutorials are coming soon.
2. About Exclusion Zones
Exclusion zones allow you to mark objects where a person would naturally lie down or sit. Falls will not be detected when the resident lies down or sits inside these exclusion zones. Exclusion zones are therefore created around objects like beds, chairs, and sofas.
3. Where to Set Exclusion Zones
We recommend that you mark an exclusion zone around a TV screen if it’s in view of the camera sensor, as the AI will detect falls on a TV screen. Any fall-like event that may happen in these exclusion zones will not trigger an alert.
Other areas to consider putting exclusion zones over include:
- Mirrors on a wall should also be covered by an exclusion zone as they can reflect a person, which might look like a fall to the AI.
- Outside movement from wind and trees may hinder the effectiveness of the AI. For example, the shadow of leafy branches reflecting on an inside wall may trigger a fall. If you’re concerned about potential reflections on a wall, put an exclusion zone over that wall.
4. Where not to Set Exclusion Zones
- A movable chair. If the chair is moved, the AI will not detect a fall in that area of the room.
- A coffee table. Residents can fall on coffee tables. If the coffee table is in an exclusion zone, the AI will not detect a fall on the coffee table.
5. Exclusion Zones Examples
In the room A example below, we can see the camera sensor 1 exclusion zones. These are the TV on the dresser, the two chairs, and the bed, even though it is below camera sensor 1. The camera sensor 3 exclusion zones are the full bed and the large seat.
Camera Sensor 1 Exclusion Zone
Camera Sensor 3 Exclusion Zone
In the room B example below, we can see the camera sensor 2 exclusion zones. These are the TV on the dresser, the two chairs, and the bed, even though it is below camera sensor 2. The camera sensor 4 exclusion zones are the full bed and the large seat.
Camera Sensor 2 Exclusion Zone
Camera Sensor 4 Exclusion Zone
6. Setting Exclusion Zones in Your App
To set up exclusion zones, follow the steps below:
- First, make sure your camera sensors are mounted correctly. It should be more than 7.5 feet off the ground, near a corner or in the center of a wall, to get a full view of the room. If not sure where to place your camera sensor yet, check out the "Choosing A Camera Sensor Mount Location" tutorial.
- Second, make sure your camera sensor view is set correctly. If your camera sensor view is not set yet, check out the tutorials.
Open the App and log in to your account.
If this is your first time setting up your camera sensor, select your camera sensor. The app will take you through the setup process which includes picking a location, where to place your camera sensor, and setting up your camera sensor view. Hitting "next" will take you to the "mark exclusion zones" page.
If you've already marked your exclusion zones and need to modify them, pick your camera sensor and select Modify Camera Setup. This will take you to the "setting up your camera sensor view". Hitting "next" will take you to the "mark exclusion zones" page.
Press "Add Zone". The app will show you the room view in landscape mode. Press "+" in the upper right corner. An exclusion zone will appear. Drag the zone where you want to set it. You can adjust the size and shape of the zone by dragging one of the corners. You can add another zone by pressing "+" again. Press "Done" when you're done setting your exclusion zones.
Your final setup should look something like this:
7. More information
For more info or updates, kindly subscribe to:
Kami YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2j0wUuFp9ixlul1qocphQ
YI YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIrTFKMVjT82cz85Nekg-OQ