QR Code Not Scanning
If you are having an issue with your camera not being able to scan the QR code during the pairing process, please refer to the following steps below:
- First, tap on the QR code to enlarge.
- Make sure your phone brightness is increased to the maximum level.
- Make sure there is enough ambient light to illuminate the room.
- Position the camera lens towards the phone screen and at least a foot away for the camera to scan the QR code.
- If the camera can't scan the QR code, rotate the phone 90 degrees (horizontal) and try to scan the QR code.
- Please make sure the lens is clear of all smudges and grease.
- Ensure that you're selecting the correct camera model when adding the camera.
- Go to the YI Home app login page, and ensure that you're connecting from the correct region.
- Ensure that the WiFi network name is in English letters. SECURITY/PASSCODE should be WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode) or WPA2.
- Ensure that your WiFi password is 8-20 characters in length.
- Reset your router then follow the pairing process again.
- Reinstall the YI Home app then follow the pairing process again. Please visit the following link for detailed instructions on pairing your camera: https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271133-Setting-Up-Your-Camera-Using-YI-Home-App